Win at IMESA 2011 Conference
Come find us at this year’s IMESA conference to chat to us about our software, find out what is new and how we have improved it. This year looks to be the biggest IMESA conference to date and we look forward to seeing you there.
Make sure you also take part in our prize draw. This year we will be giving away an Apple IPad 2, Fuji Finepix with 26x zoom Camera, Apple ITouch, Ipod Shuffle and have AllyCAD HOME and memory sticks as runner up prizes. The draw will take place on Thursday at 13:30. Look out for our stand or promo girls where you can grab an entry form.
Build 8 faster than AllyCAD 3.6 / Civil Designer 6.5
COME COLLECT YOUR COPY AT IMESA IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DOWNLOADED IT
We are proud to announce that we have set a new record speed standard for both AllyCAD and Civil Designer in the latest build of the software. Our programmers have been working hard to ensure that not only does the software have the capacity to handle more data than the competition, but operates faster too. The latest build makes our 2011 versions even faster than the widely respected AllyCAD 3.6 and Civil Designer 6.5. Loading and redrawing of all entities is now quicker with other improvements all around.
ALLYCAD AND CIVIL DESIGNER IMPROVEMENTS
CIVIL DESIGNER IMPROVEMENTS
- Speed enhancement for loading, saving, redraw, selection. The program has been made more responsive when pressing escape, or starting a new redraw.
- Handling of big drawings.
- Dimensions can now be shown in feet and inches
- Ctrl + Context Menu key is a shortcut to displaying the screen toolbar. This allows laptop (and other) users without an external mouse/wheel button to activate the toolbar.
- Implemented merging of SHP files via the Load menu command
- Overriding dimension text now decides for you whether the override would be better as prefix or postfix properties. This is likely to be what you actually want.
- Added back clip and snap tidy functions from AllyCAD 3.6
- Add an option to disable dynamic updating of layouts when plotting
- When publishing a plot with DTM data, the CAD entities created are now placed on layers with explanatory names.
- Introduced LandXML export of surfaces, roads, sewer and storm pipe networks
- The redraw of quick contours, long roads and the extraction of cross sections.
- The Create Subnetwork function will now include all incoming links to the next node of the selected link if this node is the outfall node for Sewer and Stormwater networks
- Added a selection node for the erf connection MGL text to enable the individual graphical movement of the MGL text.
- Added the calculation, list and display of full-bore velocity for pipe full flow for Stormwater networks.
- Added the Storm subcatchment text position as another selection point to make it easier to select or edit a subcatchment.
- Increased the maximum number of Storm reservoirs in a project from 100 to 500
- Improved analysis of Water pumps running far to the left of the operating range.
- Implemented pumps with variable speed controlled by flow or head
- Pump sump can now be a water source
The Knowledge Base Team
The Bridge City project outside Durban is a unique development in the South African context...
Ethekwini Municipality, Stemele Bosch Africa – Published by SAICE: Civil Engineering Magazine - Oct 2010 issue. VIEW ARTICLE > >
THE PORT OF NGQURA
The works primarily involved the provision of all infrastructure for the container terminal behind the 780 m long container quay wall...
Mott McDonald & Goba - Published by SAICE: Civil Engineering Magazine - Aug 2010 issue.
VIEW ARTICLE > >
We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to give their feedback towards the future development of Civil Designer. Please fill out the following form to send us your feedback.